Back to the Basics
Innovative French designer and legendary fashion icon Coco Chanel once said, " A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous". A statement I most certainly agree with.
Thankfully looking sophisticated and trendy is not that difficult to pull off.
It’s all about getting back to the basics. Check your closet to see what items you have on my list.
1. A woman’s necessity is a fitted ladies white shirt with a stiff collar alternatively a white silky blouse is also wonderful. You really can't go wrong. You can look smart and chicly casual or relaxed and laid back.
2. A white dress shirt is great for those lazy days when you don’t really mind what you wear.
3. A classic black suit.
4. Pumps of your choice, but stick to classic colours like black, white and red.
5. Animal Print scarf. This accessory adds that "Je ne sais quoi", as cliché as it may sound.
6. An awesome way to show off your curves a waist belt.
7. Chanel’s famous L.B.D. A Little black dress is perfect for girls’ nights out painting the town red.
8. A classic trench coat. It doesn't need to be a black one, just keep it classic and timeless. Always keep in mind that your skin should complement the colour Added bonus is it’s terrific for cold days.
9. Pair of skinny denim jeans that make you look great. Choose carefully with skinny jeans. Get a friend's honest opinion and choose a style that compliments your body.
10. Leggings. Perfect for sliming and hiding bits after that naughty red velvet cake indulgence the night before.
11. A magnificent handbag. You carry it wherever you go therefore it’s going to have to look real good.
12. A pair of white elegant Tommy takkies. What a fashion oxymoron. This pair of shoes is an absolute must though. Excellent for chilled days at a café bar or shopping at the mall and they are splendidly comfortable so you can shop for hours on end. I have two pairs and I love them.
13. A black jumpsuit. This item is simple, fun, flirty, stylish and trendy all at the same time.
14. Leather jacket. This piece is timeless. It also definitely gives you that extra edge.
15. Cardigans. They're great for those chilly days and are classy too.
16. A pearl necklace. This accessory completes your jewellery collection or is the perfect start up.
17. A hat. Stylish, classy and an excellent skin saver.
18. And lastly, sunglasses. A necessary accessory. They protect your eyes from the harsh sun while looking stylish at the same time.
Well I hope you took notes. If you don’t have some of the mentioned that’s all right. It’s a super excuse to call up your friend and head to the mall and just have fun!