David Mabilu's fairytale wedding
Top Billing secured an invite to what has been billed as ‘the wedding of the year’ for property ace David Mabilu and his bride in Mauritius.
Exclusive facts about the wedding:
- The design of the cake came from the invite and the destination of the wedding
- The cake is a fruit cake, that is one of the brides and grooms favourite
- David's wedding band is handmade in Platinum. It has the effect of three bands with the central mat finished lightly concave band on a spinning mechanism between a pair of high gloss bevel edged bands.
- Phala's ring is also in Platinum but it is set with some really special diamonds it has a central South African rectangular 'radiant' cut diamond weighing just over two carats which is flanked on either side in graded steps with three matched pairs of princess cut diamonds and then the rest of the exposed metal is completely covered in one hundred and thirty two tiny full brilliant cut diamonds.
- The central radiant cut diamond is just over two carats and there are one hundred and forty four diamonds surrounding it.
- Dresses designed by Kluk
- Purple, gold, black and white were used, as the colours of the wedding for all the outfits. Also keeping in mind, it is a tropical Island with a tropical climate. The clothes needed to be stylish and cool.
- This dress takes in the coral colour with a floral design. It is a cocktail reception and the welcoming of the guests. We wanted Phala to make a statement without being over “Blinged”.
- Phala wears a Vintage Hand Painted Coral Silk Organza draped Bodice with full Party Skirt.
- The wedding dress had to be “WOW”, something different but still Elegant and Sophisticated. It needed to be a Show Stopper without over-powering her. It also needed to work for the different parts of the evening and locations. The lace was imported from France and the Tulle was hand dyed to match the Dupion.
- This dress has four parts- A Strapless Ivory Silk Dupion Dress, An Ivory Tulle Skirt, An Ivory Tulle Dress and an Ivory Lace Umbrella Veil.
- For the Wedding Ceremony, she wears an Ivory Silk Tulle dress with train Swarovski beaded and appliqued with French Lace. The Vail is a French Lace edged Tulle over Lace Umbrella, with is Swarovski and Lace Fascinator in her hair.
- For walk into the reception, the top layer is removed to reveal a Strapless Silk Dupion Dress with French Chantilly Lace applique.
- For the first dance, the Tulle Skirt is removed and a Sash is added with a Swarovski Buckle.
- For the after Party, she is in a draped One Shoulder Fitted Dress with Swarovski beading and Draw strings. This dress needed to be cool, comfortable, sexy and able to get down in.
- This outfit was for the beach braai. Phala wears an off the shoulder Silk Chiffon Kaftan with Bugle beading and Batwing sleeves over a matching Lime Bikini Top and a Chino Pedal Pusher Short, accessorised with a Straw Hat.
Red Art Projects
Tel: (011) 885 2511
Tel: (011) 483 2620
View More Top Billing weddings below:
President Zuma's Son's Wedding
A Model & a DJ share their Fairytale Wedding
A Truly South African Wedding
A Victorian Inspired Wedding
A Wedding Fit For A Princess
A Wedding to Remember
Behind the Scenes at Joe Pietersen's Wedding
Bjorn Basson's Wedding
Colin Ingram's Wedding
DIY Garden Wedding
Dylan Des Fountain’s Hometown Wedding
Graeme Watkins Ties the Knot
Happily Ever After
Isidingo Star, Sarah Ngubeni Gets Married
Jannie Boshoff Wedding
Joe Pietersen Ties the Knot
John Mametsa's big day
Londiwe and Nthuthuko's Wedding
Luxuary Mega Yacht Wedding
Lyndon Ferns' Wedding
Regardt Van Eyk’s wedding
Romance Blooms in Franschhoek
Soccer player Fabian McCarthy Ties the Knot
Springbok Sevens Star gets married
The Beast weds his beauty
The Best of the Best in Weddings
The Dance of Love
The Royal Wedding
Walter Venter's Wedding
Wedding: Mpendulo & Zanele
Zane Kirschner's Wedding