love your leather
Leather shoes or boots are investment pieces that needs to be looked after...Back in our grand-parents day, looking after quality leather items was second nature; but these days, we've become negligent and uninformed about the steps which need to be taken to ensure leather's longevity. Taking care of your best snake boots this winter will ensure you don't need to buy another pair next winter.
Remember these tips to keep your leather looking like new:
1) Protect your shoes with a 'weather proof' spray; though you still need to avoid wet conditions which seriously harm leather.
2) If your shoes get dirty; clean off excess dirt and then clean with a leather cleaner, wipe off with a sponge and leave to dry. You also get 'conditioners' which are applied after cleaning to keep the shoe from drying out and cracking - after applying leave for a few minutes before wiping off.
3) Regularly polish your shoes using a wax polish or shoe cream in the closest colour to the shoe, or use a neutral wax (always clean first, before polishing)
4) Store carefully, in their box, using stuffing to retain their shape
5) Leather shoes need to ''recover'' after wearing - so give them 12 hours at least between outings
Visit your nearest supermarket or shoe store to see shoe care products on sale - specialist shoe repair shops are also great places to get advice about which products you need.