A Topbilling Magazine Exclusive:
CINDY BAM’S TOP 10 TIPS FOR BUYING A WEDDING DRESS
In the July 2010 issue of Top Billing magazine we featured star wedding dress designer Cindy Bam.
Here are her Top 10 wedding dress tips:
1. Before you go to a designer, make sure you are familiar with their design style, the kind of fabric they like to use and what they offer.
2. Have a clear budget in mind right from the start. It helps the designer with the design process and narrows down all the fabric possibilities.
3. Make time for shopping around and exploring all the options! It’s your wedding - so enjoy every step of the process.
4. Shop with an open mind. First try on the dress of your dreams, but also step out of the box and try several other silhouettes.
5. Try on the dress you always thought you never would - it might well surprise you.
6. A wide boat neckline will make your waist seem smaller than it really is.
7. A fitted bodice into an A-line or full skirt will conceal a hip measurement.
8. Think about how long you will be in your wedding dress, and what it has to go through on your special day. What will the temperature be? Will you be getting onto a boat, getting into a helicopter or stepping up into a horse drawn carriage? Will you be dancing? Sitting, standing or dancing you need to be comfortable.
9. Talking of comfort, make certain your shoes are comfy. Get the dress first... and then buy the shoes and accessories.
10. And don’t forget to have fun in your beautiful gown!
Cindy Bam Designs